العلامة الشيخ عبدالحسين الاميني
This is the Al-Ghadir encyclopedia (Arabic: الغدير في الكتاب والسنة والأدب) (that is “The Ghadir in the Book, the Sunnah, and Literature”) written by late Abd Al Husayn Amini. You can read about this encyclopedia on wikipedia.
A full Arabic online version is available here, however it might not be user-friendly and has no search functionality. This project aims to convert the old version into a more readable, searchable and user-friendly one. Please note that there are typing issues in this version and it takes time to correct all the misspelling and typos. This is a work in progress.
Here are the converted volumes (in Arabic):
At a glance:
- Text of al-Ghadir sermon,
- 110 of Sahaba (companions of the Prophet (s)) who reported the sermon,
- 84 of Tabi’un (the companions of the companions of the Prophet (s)) who reported the sermon,
- List of 360 Sunni scholars that have narrated and documented the Hadith of al-Ghadir (from the 2nd to 14th [Hijri] to (8th to 20th [Gregorian]) centuries,
- List of authors who have dedicated a single specific book to Hadith al-Ghadir,
- Report of arguments in which Hadith al-Ghadir was cited,
- Qur’anic verses concerning the Event of Ghadir,
- Discussion of Eid al-Ghadir and its position in the school of Ahl al-Bayt (a),
- Discussion of the opinions and words of some Sunni scholars regarding Hadith al-Ghadir and its chain of narration,
- Discussions about the content and meaning of this hadith,
At a glance:
- Discussion on the position of poetry according to the Qur’an and tradition,
- List of Ghadir poets from 1st to 7th [Hijri] (7th to 13th [Gregorian]) century.
- Poems who are indicative of the successorship of Imam Ali (a) to the Prophet (s): Amir al-Mu’minin (a), Hassan b. Thabit, Qays b. Sa’d b. ‘Ubada, Amr b. al-‘As, Muhammad b. ‘Abd Allah al-Himyari
- Poets from the second/eighth century are listed who have composed poems on Ghadir: Kumait, al-Sayyid al-Himyari, and Abdi al-Kufi.
- List of third/ninth century Ghadir poets: Abu Tamam al-Ta’i and Di’bil al-Khuza’i.
At a glance:
- List of 3rd/9th-century Ghadir poets (continued) such as Ibn Rumi and Afwah al-Hamdani
- Scrutiny of some of the orientalists’ works regarding the history of Islam
- Discussion about Zayd al-Shahid (Zayd the martyr)
- الغدير (المجلد 4)
- الغدير (المجلد 5)
- الغدير (المجلد 6)
- الغدير (المجلد 7)
- الغدير (المجلد 8)
- الغدير (المجلد 9)
- الغدير (المجلد 10)
- الغدير (المجلد 11)